Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TRUST: Tales from an introvered Christian - Part 2

So a month has come and gone and what a month it has been.  I have put my personal growth project to the test with fairly good results.

In trying to take care of this body that the Lord granted me, cycling to work, lifting weights afterwards and working away on our church roof, stressed my body to the point of a pinched sciatica. While granting myself a needed rest, I had time to reflect on why I spent so much time on the roof when I was already zapped from trying to get in shape.  Being on the roof granted me the time to get to know my church family.  It gave me a sense of being part of the church, not just another member.  Some of my church family I got to know a little more, some no more at all, and some much more than before the work began.  I got to experience the conflicting egos at work as well as love and dedication.

The one thing I did not get is affirmation of my dedication.  Instead, I just received a higher level of guilt each day I could not make it back up there within accelerating requests for help day after day. 

I brought this subject up on my knees and was then affirmed.  The effort I spent eight hours a day on the weekends and up to four hours a day on weekdays was between me and the Lord; no one else.  My church family did not matter.  My Pastor did not matter.  I worked with a smile on my face because I was doing something for Him.  Sure, everyone at my church would benefit, but it was all for Him - a slightly introverted state-of-mind and one I adored.

It was the 24th of July and another service to attend.  I was tired and went mentally back and forth whether or not I should go.  I had all kinds of excuses prepared; I had to get showered, get the kids ready, clean up the kitchen, etc.  Again, on my knees, I felt a very strong, but nurturing urge to go to church that morning.

I showered.  I dressed the kids.  I cleaned the kitchen.  I went to MY church.

During service, my pastor stopped, and near teary-eyed, told everyone how much the work meant to him and that we were working on our church; God's church.  We were the church and acknowledged the sacrifices we were making for God.

It took faith to follow the right path.  I did not have to think outside my own box, manipulated by the social mindset of others and the outcome was just what I needed.  The Lord knew what I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment