Monday, December 5, 2011

Satisfied Confusion

Finished.  I am finally finished with next year's training plan.  Things look very positive for the 2012 cycling season, indeed.

Hope.  I finally figured out that I am not hopeful in things under my control, like training or racing, or large projects around the house, etc.  ~My mind wanders and I think of dimples.

Jack Frost, Banana Belt, PIR, Mt. Tabor in the spring with thoughts of California in the summer.  ~My mind wanders and I think of a sultry voice.

This year was more, and less, of what I prayed it would be.  I did not get anything done on the yard, but I am in the best off-season shape I've been in for the last 20 years.  I helped others this year to a new personal height.  I was reacquainted with friends I have not seen in 25 years.  A full, satisfying year. 

With 2012 rapidly approaching, I look at my arch nemesis in the face.  There we stare into each other’s unforgiving eyes, each of us unwilling to back down; as I ponder if this is the year I defeat my ultimate rival.  I knew him as a very young child.  He fooled me, taunted me, and beat me into submission so many times I gave up long ago and stopped believing in what he stood for.  But, for some unknown reason - or maybe it is faith, here I am, staring him in the face again once more.   Could this be the year I defeat him and learn how to Hope once more?

No comments:

Post a Comment